Apple Crumble is one of the best desserts of all time, at least for me that is! The sweet goodness of the muffin that has a lot of apple bits in it, makes it more appetizing. Not just that, the crumbly cinnamon toppings of the apple crumble to make it all the more exciting to eat once freshly baked. But of course, it’s way better to eat the pastry once it has cooled down. Personally, among all muffins and loaves that I have tasted, apple crumble is the most impressive as it tastes fantastic, and it’s perfect for my breakfast.
Apple crumble is also one of the pastries that are perfect to have some extra toppings on top of it. For me, there are two toppings that I would love to add to my apple crumble. The first one is vanilla ice cream, which is good to add on top of the apple crumble during hot weather. The vanilla flavor simply compliments well with the cinnamon bits. And upon using the vanilla ice cream, I realized that there is another dairy product that’s good for the apple crumble: whipped cream!
You got that right! Whipped cream adds up creaminess to the apple crumble. Since milk compliments well with the cinnamon bits, whipped cream’s texture tastes fantastic and balances the cinnamon crumbles blend appears to be too sweet. Anyway, I will teach you how to make apple crumble first, and then I will share a simple blend of whipped cream that will surely make this wonderful combo worth craving.
Apple Crumble Recipe
First, here are the ingredients for this lovely pastry:
- 4 Large apples
- Two 1/4 cups sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder or ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Here are the steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and core the apples first, then slice them into small bits. In a mixing bowl, place the apples alongside the sugar, sifted flour, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon as well. Make sure that you mix them all well so then they will blend and will evenly distribute all of the flavors for your apple batter.
- Now that you’re done with the apple batter, you should start creating the crumble. All you have to do is just add the other 1/4 cup of sugar, butter, and cinnamon together. Make sure that both of them are sifted into a separate bowl. For an optional method, you can go ahead and add up some crushed pecans and some oats to make the toppings sweeter than ever. Set them aside once done.
- On a loaf tray or muffin cup, apply the apple crumble batter into all of them. Make sure that the cups are placed on the baking tray, and are finely greased with butter, so then they will be evenly prepared. But if you have a loaf tray, then there is no need to use a baking tray at this point. Place the crumble mixture on top of the batter before you place them all into the preheated oven. Then bake until well-baked and the crumble mixture turns into cinnamon bits.
- Lastly, it’s best to cool the apple crumble down for the flavor to taste much better. If it’s served warm, there might be no flavor at all. This is the most basic step to do before eating any kind of pastry.
- Now that the apple crumble is done, start preparing the whipped cream. On a large bowl, place the heavy cream and start whisking with a hand mixer or whisk. Add up the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla extract as you mix the cream for 4 minutes until it becomes foamy. Just be sure not to overmix the whipped cream, or else it will turn to butter. An easier way to whip cream is using a whipped cream dispenser and whipped cream chargers. Just add the ingredients in to the whipped cream dispenser and then add the nitrous oxide in the whipped cream charger. You can buy cream chargers from various shops online.
Whipped cream and apple crumble are partners-in-crime when eating breakfast or dessert. What made the whipped cream better is that it balances any kind of over-sweetness from the apple crumble. Some even prefer to make flavored variants of the whipped cream so then it will taste a bit different when eating it with the apple crumble.
So what are you waiting for? If you’re now craving this tasty treat, then now is the time to gather all the ingredients in the supermarket and start making your recipe of whipped cream and apple crumble combo. For sure you will never get enough of this awesome treat because I can’t get enough in eating one for my satisfaction when eating such as tasty dessert. Also, these are budget-friendly ingredients that will surely make your taste buds tingle, as well as crave even more!