Ryzen 9 3900x is one of the powerful processors present out there. It has 24 threads and 12 cores and operates a base frequency of 3.8 GHz. This processor has become everyone’s favourite choice since its launch, especially for those who do not want to buy an intel i9 processor. It is one of the best processors used for high-end operations like editing a video and playing AAA titles.
With a powerful processor, you need a powerful motherboard as well if you want to use the processor optimally. But not every motherboard is compatible with Ryzen 9 3900x. However, a lot of options are still available in the market. Some of the best motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x are listed in this article. Also, we have provided you with a buying guide which will help you choose the best motherboard for your PC. So, let’s get started with the guide.
Here are Some Shopping Tips to Choose the Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9
If you are not aware of what you have to look for in a motherboard, all of them will look very similar to you. Therefore, we have come up with a list of factors that you need to look for before choosing the best motherboard for the Ryzen 93900x.
- Chipset: this is the most crucial thing that you will have to look for. It depends on your chipset which GPU, RAM can be attached to your system. There are a lot of highly compatible motherboards available for Ryzen 9 but you will still have to look for compatibility before purchasing as well.
- Processor Compatibility: you must be aware that there are different generations available for processors. But it is not essential that all your motherboards are compatible with all types of processors. Therefore, while choosing a motherboard for you, make sure it is compatible with the processor that you are using.
- RAM Capacity: the more RAM you have, The Better it is, especially if you are a gamer. If you are buying a motherboard, make sure you check the RAM capacity. In case you do not play any hardcore games, we suggest you look for at least 64 GB RAM and if you play high-end games, 128GB is a must.
- Ports: the next thing that you will have to look for in the motherboard is the availability of the ports. You will have to look for the M.2 ports and other ports including Ethernet port, ports for keyboard and mouse. Also, check the type of port you are getting. Check if they are the temporary ones or the HDMI ones.
5 Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x
So, keeping all the above-mentioned factors in mind, we have tested our products and chosen the 5 best motherboards for you. Have a look at the list and their reviews.
ASUS AM4 TUF Motherboard
ASUS always attempts to set a benchmark when it comes to providing features at a minimal cost. With this motherboard, it has made up stunned. This motherboard covers all the crucial features of a premium motherboard at a much lesser price. Talking about compatibility, this motherboard is compatible with both 3rd and 2nd gen processors and Offers two m.2 slots.
With the 128GB memory support, it’s a great deal for a lot of gamers like Sway and can support crucial Faze Sway fortnite settings as well. It also features PCIe slots which makes it easy to install the GPU along with the GPU thermal pads.
- 128GB RAM available
- Great cooling power
- Warranty information is not available
- Can be a bit expensive
ASRock B450M Motherboard
This is one of the affordable and effective products available on this list. Like most of the motherboards on this list, this motherboard offers 4 slots for DDR4 and is compatible with the 3rd generation processor. Moreover, it can support a RAM of 64GB.
- Worth the cost
- Supports 3rd generation processor.
- May underperform than other options available
- Warranty information is not available
ASUS ROG Strix B450
This motherboard is compatible with 1st, 2nd generation processors. Moreover, it offers some great connection options as well including all the latest USB ports. It also has an ATX form factor and is compatible with AMD Ryzen 2 as well.
Rather than high-end gaming, this motherboard is highly recommended for medium games.
- Great looking
- Considerable overclocking performance
- Costlier option
- Not suitable for high-end games
MSI MAG B550
This motherboard is highly compatible with the 3rd generation and offers 128GB memory support. There are 4 expansion slots provided. Other than this, you will also have to check if this fits in the cabinet well or not.
- 3rd generation processor compatibility
- RAM support is great
- People have faced fitting issues
- Not compatible with older generation processors
Gigabyte B550M Motherboard
This is another great motherboard offering 128GB RAM. The motherboard is compatible with a 3rd generation processor and features four memory slots. So, if you are looking for a system for high-end gaming, this is the one you need to go for.
- Overclocking is great
- Compatibility with 3rd generation processor
- Warranty details are not provided
- Fitting issues are common
So, we have come to an end of this guide and we hope you are aware of the best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x. We have also provided you with a guide to make the selection process easier for you. We hope the article helped you.