The Most Popular Engagement Rings
Getting married is one of the biggest events in anyone’s life, and it all starts with a simple question and a beautiful ring. Engagement rings are often thought to be a reflection of the person wearing them. Simple and understated, big and bold or unique and tasteful. Finding the right ring for your significant other can seem like a difficult task, but this blog can help!
In this article, we’ll look at some of the most popular engagement ring styles, shapes and stones to give you an idea of what your future spouse might love. Let’s dive in!
There are many different styles of engagement rings. The style is typically based on the shape of the stone in the ring — a.k.a. the “cut.” Some people like to find unique cuts that speak to their soul, but many brides follow similar trends of the times.
Some of the most popular styles include:
- Round – stones, usually diamonds, are cut into a perfect, glimmering circle and set in a silver or gold band.
- Cathedral – this type of ring is marked by its setting, which has arches of metal coming up to support the main stone on either side. The primary stone is often flanked by smaller stones to add some bling.
- Oval – with round on the rise, ovals are also becoming popular. These offer a unique shape that’s compatible with different settings.
- Princess – the princess cut features a large square stone in the middle of the ring and typically features only one stone.
Of all these styles, the cathedral engagement ring is often the most versatile. It allows you to choose single or multiple stones and can support different cuts so you can create something truly unique.
The next important consideration when choosing your engagement ring is the metal that will make the band. There are no shortage of options when it comes to choosing a metal, but there are a few important considerations to keep in mind:
Your band should be the color you want, typically either silver, gold or rose gold. However, you also want to ensure the metal is durable enough to resist scratches and nicks in everyday wear as well as sturdy enough to last a lifetime.
Although gold and white gold remain the two most common choices, many people have started looking for alloys like platinum and titanium in their engagement rings to give them that extra boost of strength.
Now on to the most important part of choosing an engagement ring: the stone. As most people know, diamonds are the go-to choice for engagement rings. They’re classic, precious and come with a wide range of options to perfectly match your significant other’s style.
Recently, though, there’s a small trend of people moving away from diamonds in their engagement rings in favor of other precious stones. Some of the most popular options include:
- Opal – this stone comes in many different colors and varieties, making it incredibly unique.
- Sapphire – a striking blue color, you can flank a large sapphire with smaller diamonds to create a truly stunning ring.
- Amethyst – noted for its brilliant purple coloring, an amethyst can make a wonderful statement piece as an engagement ring.
- Emerald – also lauded for its deep color, emeralds are making a comeback due to their durability and wonderful pairing with gold bands.
There is no shortage of beautiful stones out there that can create a stunning engagement ring. Many people who go this alternative route will complement their stone with smaller diamonds or a more ornate setting to help it stand out as an engagement piece.
Ready to Shop
Now that you know all the ins and outs of choosing the perfect engagement ring for your spouse, you’re ready to start shopping! Consider your future spouse’s personality and choose a style, stone and metal that fits their tastes and lifestyle.